:: ::


:: My Accomplishments ::

Goals that I have achieved or am currently working on...

37) Try twelve new recipes in a year (6/12)

October '08 Recipe
This month I tried to make baked spicy sweet potato fries. It wasn't really a huge success, but definitely worth trying again. I severly cut down the quantity and used our toaster oven rather than our conventional oven so that probably made the difference. Unfortunately half-way through the baking process when I went to turn the fries I found that the majority of them were black... not sure what happened since I can usually follow a recipe to a "T" with great results. However the fries that turned out were delicious so it's definitely going to get a 2nd attempt. :-)

April '09 Recipe
This month we tried Paula Deen's Fried Egg and Avocado Sandwich. It was really good, but I'm not sure if it's something we'd ever make again. It was a lot of work for just a sandwich--but who knows, one day in the future we might crave it.

May '09 Recipe
This month we tried Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers. Dean's favorite chinese dish is peanut butter chicken, so these seemed right up his alley. They are soooooooo easy to make and soooooooooo yummy! Definitely will become a regular in our meals.

June '09 Recipe
This month we tried a killer marinade for pork chops. Grilled Pork Chops with Soy Sauce, Cumin, Lime, and Oregano recipe comes from Kalyn's Kitchen, my favorite blog for South Beach Diet friendly recipes. This recipe is definitely a keeper!!! Soooooooooo delicious.

July '09 Recipe
This month we tried a recipe from Whole Foods Market for Edamame Guacamole. It was very simple to make and tasted great! Perfect healthy snack to have around.

August '09 Recipe
This month we tried Grilled Lime Chicken with Black Bean Sauce from one of my new favorite blogs Simply Recipes. This blog has great recipes and they all look gourmet, which we love!

No comments: